This delicious mixture of ingredients not only tastes amazing but really starts your day right. It stacks plenty of energy and gets in 2 portions of fruit.
I currently eat this breakfast medley every day and it still tastes so damn good. Porridge can sometimes take time but soaking the oats in boiling water is a great way to speed up the process.
Prep time: 3 minutes
- 5 TBSP Oats
- 2 TBSP Bran flakes
- 1 TBSP Granola
- 1 Banana
- 1 Apple
- 1/2 cup Milk (I use an unsweetened diary-alternative)
Extra toppings: Yogurt, peanut butter
- Boil the kettle.
- Put the oats into a bowl and pour over the boiling water until just covered. Leave for 1 minute.
- Chop the banana and apple into chunks while you’re waiting for the oats.
- Add the banana and half of the milk to the oats and stir together. Continue to add milk until your preferred consistency.
- Top with the bran flakes, granola and apple (plus yogurt & peanut butter for the full whack).
- Be careful of your sugar intake with this one. There’s plenty of sweetness from the fruit so aim for no added sugar in the oats, cereals, peanut butter and milk.