Packed with flavour and veggie goodness. This one pot recipe that is great for anything from meal prep to dinner with friends. There’s a few different ingredients but don’t be put off! It’s all just thrown in the pan for the magic to happen.
Not only are they bloody delicious, they have a number of nutritional benefits:
- They’re full of B vitamins, iron, magnesium, zinc and potassium.
- They’re they’re high in FIBRE, which supports regular bowel movements and the growth of healthy gut bacteria.
- If that wasn’t enough, lentils are made up of over 25% PROTEIN, which makes them an excellent meat alternative.
Best served with brown rice and/or naan bread.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2-3 TBSP Thai red curry paste
- 1 TBSP curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- Veggies (chopped): 2 bell peppers, 3 carrots, a handful of green beans, broccoli florets and baby sweetcorn
- 2 cups red lentils rinsed
- 3-4 big handful spinach
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 TBSP fresh coriander chopped (or 1 tsp of dried coriander)
- Serving suggestions: naan, greek yogurt, fresh chiles, chopped spinach
Tip: Don’t have all the veggies listed? Just throw in any that you have at home.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the onion, red pepper and carrots, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, Thai red curry paste and curry powder, and continue cooking for another minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk, broth and soy sauce. Stir to combine and then bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir in the lentils. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Stir in the spinach and continue cooking uncovered for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat the and stir in the lemon juice and coriander.
- Ladle the curry into a bowl and serve with rice and/or naan bread. Top with chopped spinach, yogurt, chilies and almonds for a delicious and decorative twist. Enjoy!